Are you stuck in a mindset of “It’s too late for me?” Maybe you feel “It’s too late” to start a new relationship, so you tell everyone you’re going to remain single for the rest of your life. Or maybe you were passed up for a promotion or feel you’re too old to try something new, so you close yourself off and say: “Well, I wanted to do that, but it’s too late now.” Why let your psychological fear hold you ransom and hold you back from what you want to do? It’s never too late!
Do you know what happens when you really believe you’re too old? You just get older. Here are 10 steps to help you break free of the “It’s Too Late Syndrome”:
- Adopt an attitude of “It’s never too late.”
- Try something new every day. You’re never too old to try.
- Break out of your routine at least once a week.
- Believe in yourself.
- Ignore statements from others who say, “You’re too old.”
- Express your passion in all you do.
- Associate with people who “do” rather than “say.”
- Enroll in that evening class or online workshop that you’ve always wanted to join.
- Let go of excuses that hinder your potential to achieve.
- Follow your heart. You don’t want to become one of those people say, “If only I had…”
You have a choice of whether to say “I can’t” and “I can.” It’s all a matter of how you think and what you believe.
(John Holland, www.YouCanHealYourLife.com)